Linux Mint 11 Fresh Release: Katya
The Linux Mint team announces its cool new version 11, aka "Katya."
- Live DVD or Live CD options
- Easier install of codecs and extra applications
- Improvements to the graphical interface and a more polished Software Manager
- Faster Update Manager
- "Desktop agnostic" Desktop Settings tool
- Art improvements
- New "apt download" command
- And changes to the default software selection, including: Gwibber is no longer installed by default, gThumb replaces F-Spot, Banshee instead of Rhythmbox, and LibreOffice replaces OpenOffice.org
"Linux Mint 11 features the following upstream components: Ubuntu 11.04, Linux 2.6.38, Gnome 2.32, Xorg 7.6," the announcement says.