Buy this issue as a PDF
Issue 2: In the Cloud
Issue #2 of Ubuntu User looks at Ubuntu in the Cloud! We offer an exclusive interview with Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth, and our 6-pack DVD is packed with Ubuntu goodness: Ubuntu Live, Kubuntu Live, Xubuntu Live, Edubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, and Easy Peasy.
Table of Contents
- Community manager Jono Bacon explores the Ubuntu spirit
- Exclusive interview with Mark Shuttleworth
- Audio expert Dave Phillips sets up a home studio using free tools.
- Eucalyptus: Why pay for cloud services when you can set up a private cloud?
- Krita & Karbon: These useful graphics tools wait just beyond the default GUI.
- One Man's Path to Linux: Find out why one user chose to leave Windows for Linux.
- Terminal Tricks – Data Flow: Build a chain of commands for more efficient processing.
- Shell Scripting: Save time and keystrokes by automating frequent tasks.
- SBackup: Preserve your data with this backup tool for the Ubuntu desktop.
- Answerbuntu: Forums admin Mike Basinger looks at XP migration, password length, and other Ubuntu issues.
- System Monitor: Monitor your system and stay ahead of performance bottlenecks.
- Scribus: Build your own newspaper or magazines with this powerful open source layout tool.
- Ikiwiki: Ikiwiki is not your average wiki. We'll show you an innovative app that turns your documents into HTML.
- Mnemosyne and Anki: Why stay up all night? Prepare for your next exam with these nifty memorization tools.
- Conduit: Losing track of your documents? This terrific traveling tool lets you sync your files across different platforms and devices.
- Installing Ubuntu
- Burning CDs
- Managing Photos
- Installing Software
- Configuring Email
- Taking Notes